Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 7

I survived my first transfer! And I love it so much. I don't have a lot of time left, but I want you all to know how much I love you and how incredible missionary work is! One of our investigators started to share the gospel with her family and now they are starting to come around. Her granddaughter even sat in on our last lesson! 

My goal for this transfer is to "Fear No Man". I've found out that i'm actually not very good at opening my mouth. I'm so shy! So I read this talk by President Uchtdorf called "Fear Not, I Am With Thee" and it talked about having faith in the Lord. Missionary work doesn't progress until you actually have people to teach. You can't have people to teach until you've actually talked to them. Yesterday during tracting I took the lead in knocking on doors. I felt like a real life missionary because I wasn't afraid to talk to them! Seriously the power of prayer and the Atonement is real. When you put your heart and mind into something and have the Lord on your side, you cannot fail! :)  
I want you all to know that I know that this is the true church. Nothing that happens in my life will ever make me question that because the spirit has testified of it to me and I can't deny the spirit. Put your faith in the Lord. Pray and ask Him questions! If there is anything that you are questioning in your life, do what James directs and ask God (James 1:5) even if it's for another witness that the Book of Mormon is true. Moroni promises that if we ask with a sincere heart and with real intent then the spirit will testify of truth. 

Stay strong and remember Christ in Christmas!! love you all :)
Inline image 1
Sister Dodson is my companion (red sweater) Sister Zavala was my MTC comp (in the back)
Inline image 1
Inline image 2
(the flash scared me...but we got a pomegranate that was huge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment