Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 11

I should start off by saying that our trio is going super good :) The Silver Creek sisters were on bikes half of the time because the area is super small, and guess what? We had an extra bike! So we get to bike in some parts of our area. I didn't think that I would like biking very much, but it's actually really fun. And there are a lot of great opportunities for us to talk to people who are outside. (which isn't quite as possible in a car).
On Monday we had a pretty awesome miracle. We aren't supposed to be home until 9 pm, well it was 8:40 and we had absolutely nothing to do. So we prayed. As we were walking back to our car this guy came walking down the street with his dog. Literally out of the middle of no where. It was crazy. God answers prayers.
We also had interviews with our mission president this week. He only asks us like 2 questions, then the rest of the interview is up to us. So I came prepared with a bunch of questions. Since I've been studying humility lately I asked him how to balance confidence and humility. I loved his answer on that. The biggest thing that stuck out to me was that humility isn't comparative. A humble missionary doesn't compare herself to the the success of other missionaries, but instead throws herself into the work and seeks God's guidance as to how to improve. 
Make Christ the center of your life and you'll be amazed at the love that He has for you and everything that you can learn.

BTW: the next 3 weeks I will be emailing on tuesday. Just a heads up :) why? because next week we are going to the Seattle temple!!!

Love you all!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment