Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 68

My very own mantra ♥

We had one of the best lessons in Relief Society yesterday. We learned about optimism from Gordon B. Hinkley's teachings of prophets manual. It gave me a new perspective of the importance of making the best of any situation. His idea of doing this - by reciting a positive mantra every morning. I've got to do a lot of work in order to come up with my own mantra ;)

Brother Thompson and his family came to church yesterday! We've been meeting with him for the past 2 months and they are probably one of our favorite families here. His wife is a member. They have 2 kids: Rocky is 3 and Birdie is almost 1. Brother Thompson loves the gospel and we had a powerful lesson last night about the Book of Mormon and the Bible. He's been thinking a lot about baptism so we invited him to counsel with his wife and with God about what he should do. I'm so grateful that God helps us to find our answers in ways that are unique to us. We have a lesson with them again on Wednesday and we'll follow up with what his thoughts are. Keep him in your prayers!

This past week I was reflecting on my mission as a whole. I was on exchanges with another missionary and she reminded me so much of my 3rd transfer with Sister Linker. It took me down memory road. I've come so far and learned so much in the short time that I've been on my mission. I especially know that these next 3 months are going to be some of the best. I can just feel it. I set a couple of goals to help me to really dive into missionary work. I want to build up my testimony and understanding of Jesus Christ and His gospel so that I can be prepared to testify of Him wherever I go. I love my mission. I love the opportunities that I have to share the things that I hold so close to my heart.

I want you to know that I have a firm testimony of the truthfulness of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. He stands today at the head of His church and directs us through His prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is the keystone of our religion. I've studied it. I've prayed about it. The spirit has taught me time and time again that it is Holy Scripture. I'm so grateful to have these truths, and most importantly to be able to share them. 

I love you all! Happy Valentine's Day ♥♥♥ 1 Nephi 26:24 - the greatest act of love.

Sister Hammond ♥

our temple trip from a couple of weeks ago ♥

Mission leadership council ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment