Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 70

"A scripture a day keeps Satan away"

I've been thinking a lot this week about my mission as a whole. I'm very grateful for the time that I've been able to consecrate to doing the Lord's work. I've realized that as I make the decision every day to leave behind all and follow Christ (Luke 18:28) that my life is filled with so much joy. There are days that are long and there are days that are hard, but when I'm able to come home at night knowing that, if nothing else, I tried my best, then I can know that God is pleased and has accepted my efforts.


This sweet lady came to church on Sunday. She has a funny story. We tracted into her one day and found out that she was a member of the church. She'd been baptized about 10 years ago with her husband but moved her to Washington a while ago and has since stopped coming to church. She let us in and we had a great little lesson with her. She invited us to come back and so we set a return appointment, but not until March 8th...She texted us this week and said she went to the Beehive Bookstore and bought a Gospel Principles book and was going to come to church on Sunday. She's one of the funniest people I've met!

We saw Leo Grimmer and scheduled his baptism interview. His family is so special to us. While we were there they said that after Leo's baptism they'll be able to be sealed as a family. And they invited us to their temple sealing!

Alma 29:9
"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and glory iit. do not glory of myselfbut glory in that which thLord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glorythat perhaps may be an instrument ithe hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and thiis my joy."

Have a great week!

Sister Hammond ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment