Monday, May 8, 2017

Week 80

Goodbye, Washington

As I've been pondering what I wanted to share in my last email, a story of Peter and the Apostles came to mind. This is after the time that Jesus Christ has Risen. (John 21:3-7)
3 Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.
6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord...

In this account, Peter chose to return to the activities that he had been engaged in before the Savior had called him to be an Apostle. He went fishing and caught nothing. This is because he had stopped doing the things that Christ had commanded him to do, being "Feed My Sheep." When we follow the Savior with full purpose of heart then He will lead us to that which will be most beneficial for us. When I return home from my mission I will not be the same person I was when I left. Part of the process of repentance in changing our hearts. My heart has been changed by the Lord and I know what my purpose is. While I may no longer be a full-time proselyting missionary, I am still a member of the Lord's church. I will continue to live in harmony with what I have learned and continue to strengthen my testimony of my Savior. This will not be the spiritual highlight of my life because I know that God has continually greater things in store for me. 

I'm forever grateful for the time that I have been able to labor in this part of the Lord's vineyard. I'm excited to see you all soon ♥

Sister Hammond ♥

Inline image 1Inline image 2Inline image 4Inline image 3
1. my missionary friends will recognize this picture. This is Sister Hernandez, aka Sister Meyers from The District!!
2. Cinco de Mayo party ☼
3 & 4. selfies at the church because it is beautiful outside!

1 comment:

  1. You have been such an inspiration, I am so glad that I was able to have you as one of my missionaries and friends. I am glad that you will be going home to your friends and family and beginning the rest of your life. I love you and miss you always.
    Angie Ainsworth
    Lake Holms Ward

    ReplyDelete