Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 79

Spring is here- and Homecoming details!

The sun is starting to make it's appearance and they rain is beginning to take a break. Washington in the spring time is absolutely breathtaking. Everything comes alive, there is green everywhere, and the flowers are so pretty. It reminds me of the hope that comes through Jesus Christ. Even when we go through the hard times in life and the "clouds" come and the "rain" never seems to stop, Jesus Christ is the hope that the rainy days will create something beautiful in our lives.

Ether 12:4 says

"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."

I love this scripture because it helps me to have an eternal perspective. God's plan is so much bigger than mine. His purpose is for me to learn to overcome the natural man and "become a saint" (Mosiah 3:19) through His Son Jesus Christ. When I build my foundation on Him I can make it through the "rainy days" and look forward to what He can help me to become. 

As I've been reading through the Book of Mormon these last couple of weeks it's really stood out to me the role that the Holy Ghost plays. Being the third member of the Godhead and a personage of Spirit, He can dwell with in each one of us and point us towards Christ. Living worthy of the gift of the Spirit is the ultimate task, because with Him we can have power to do all things. It's submitting our wills to God's that allows the Holy Spirit to give us guidance in our lives. This is one of the greatest things that I've learned as I've been serving here in Washington.
I can't believe that my time here is coming to a close. But I'm forever grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and the time that He allowed me to be here. Can't wait to see you all!

Sister Hammond ♥

OH! and for my Homecoming - it will be Sunday, May 21st I think it's at 9 am

10 West Young StreetMORGANUtah 84050-9000United States

No comments:

Post a Comment