Monday, April 24, 2017

Week 78

Eighteen Months...?


I read the parable of the olive tree that Jacob quotes in Jacob 5 this week. One of the things that particularly stood out to me was verse 41

"And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: What could I have done more for my vineyard?"

I love this passage because it shows how much the Lord truly cares about each and every one of His children. Something that I've come to realize as I've been on my mission is the infinite love that God has for us. He sent His Son so that we could each have the opportunity to return to live with Him again. He allows us to make our own choices, whether they bring us closer to or farther away from Him because He loves us enough to let us choose. He has restored truth and authority on the earth today through a living prophet because He loves the whole earth. He is not a partial God, nor is He selective with His love. Every person on the earth is His child and He wants each of them to have the opportunity to return to live with Him again. That is why He weeps when we use our agency to choose not to follow Him.

I'm grateful to be a missionary and to be at the forefront of this great work. I've been able to witness the miracles of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. He is the Savior of the World and He provides the only way back to the Father.


Exchanges this week! Eatonville is beautiful.
Because the sun was out we had a great view of mt rainier  ♥
and then the rain came back :) #therainystate

I love you all. Keep on keeping on.


Sister Hammond ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment