Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 77

Happy Belated Easter!

On Saturday we contacted one of the referrals that some Elders in our zone sent us. We talked with her for a minute and then asked if we could come in and share an Easter message with her. She looked around, a bit uncertain, and then let us in. While we were talking with her she told us that she was currently detoxing from a 15 year heroine addiction. She grew up Christian but never really had an understanding of what that really meant. As we continued to share more with her I could see so clearly the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives. As we live faithful to the commandments then God is able to give us clear direction and understanding and peace. So many people in the world today are looking for fulfillment or direction, but they are looking towards other people, or objects, or technology. Those things only bring us temporary happiness and really just distract us from the true joy of following God. People let us down, objects get lost, technology gets out dated. Only God is the same Yesterday, Today, and Forever.

I'm so grateful for my Savior who understands me perfectly. His Atonement and His grace and His resurrection provide the only way for us to return to live with God. It is only through Him that we can "find peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come" (BoM intro). He was resurrected on the third day, because of this EACH and EVERY person will be able to be resurrected and reunited again. I love this Gospel and I'm so grateful for the time that I have to share my testimony every day. I hope you all had a good Easter week!

Sister Hammond ♥

Easter Bunnies
just me and my bff
Sister Bowman's love language from God is rainbows. We've probably seen 7 this week. No lie.
and then the sun came out ♥☼

No comments:

Post a Comment