Monday, April 10, 2017

Week 76

Wa-Fed-Way Faith Feast

It's always fun to get a new companion and see how we work together. Everyone has different ways of doing missionary work. We've been super busy with the miracles that God is blessing us with. We had an incredible lesson with the a member's niece who recently moved in with them. She's 24 so we are passing her off to the YSA Elders. But in our lesson with her she talked about her desire to come closer to God. At the end she said the most sincere prayer and asked God to help her to know that this was the right place for her. She also committed to baptism on May 20th!

As a mission we've started a mission-wide Book of Mormon challenge. We're reading 8 pages a day to finish it in 2 months. It's been really special to sacrifice time to read from the Book of Mormon. As I've been reading it this time I've started to recognize all of the ways that the Spirit leads the prophet and his family. Within the first couple of chapters Nephi explains the trust he has in God and the way that the Spirit leads him to accomplish the Lord's commandments. When faced with a difficult task Nephi says, "And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. Nevertheless I went forth.." (1 Nephi 4:6-7). It's important to remember that God isn't going to show us the whole picture before we are required to act. He will give us as much information is necessary, and then expect us to faithfully walk forward. I know that His pillar of light will always guide us as we rely on and trust in His spirit.

I was able to go to my last mission devotional last night in Puyallup. Brother Bartholomew bore his testimony at it. He's the recent convert who was baptized after referring himself to the missionaries. We taught him 2 lessons and then passed him off to the Elders in the ward he's supposed to be in. He experienced so many miracles!

I'm grateful for this time that I have to serve my mission. I know that this is the Lord's work and He loves all of His children. With this week being the week before Easter, it's important to reflect on the Miracle of Christ's life. "Without Easter there would have been no Christmas" - Spencer W. Kimball. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ is truly the most important event in the history of the world. This event impacted EVERY SINGLE PERSON on earth. Because Jesus Christ was resurrected, each and every person will be able to live again, with a perfect and glorified body. I'm so grateful for my Savior and His perfect love.

I love you all!!

Sister Hammond ♥

October 28th Sisters ♥
Festival of Finding this week! Knocking on doors from 10am to 5pm

the candid shot ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment