Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Is it the 27th already?

So umm...it's already the 27th, which means that tomorrow is the 28th, which means that I report to the MTC in less than 18 hours. I am so beyond excited that it is here. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve on my mission and I know that it is going to be an incredible experience. Thanks so everyone who came to my farewell! It was great to see people and to be surprised by old faces that I haven't seen in years. :) It's been bitter sweet these last couple of days because I've said goodbye to so many people...I love you all and I'm grateful for the friendships I've made and the awesome influences of my soon to be missionary friends.

I'm not really sure what else to say because I've basically been just waiting around for the past 3 months waiting for this day to come. Now it's almost here and I can hardly believe it!

I get set apart in exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes. I just wanted to bare my testimony that I know this church is true. I wouldn't be leaving everyone and everything behind for 18 months if I didn't know without a doubt that this is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel with divine help and that he translated the Book of Mormon. I know that we can grow closer to our Savior by studying this book and praying about it's truthfulness. I'm so grateful for a living prophet who counsels us in these latter days and seems to know exactly what it is that I need to here. I know that the Lord will provide for me and my family while I'm on my mission. I love this gospel and I love the Lord. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment