Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 3

So where to even begin...? All I can say is that missionary work is straight up the hardest thing ever.

The night before I left the MTC one of the Elders in our zone gave me a blessing. It was his first so that was really cool, but it was one of the most powerful blessings I've ever received. One thing that I remember the most is that I'll have lots of trials while on my mission, but to always remember that God is walking right beside me. I have never realized how true this is until I've come out on my mission. 

The people here are super stubborn, they don't really care what we have to say. I feel like crying every time a door is closed because I feel like we're failing and nobody wants to hear the wonderful message that we have. But I keep a smile on my face because I know that God doesn't take what we are doing lightly. He knows that this is important work and everything that we say and do will affect people in some way. Isn't that incredible to know? Doesn't that make you want to go about doing good? The most important thing to remember is that God is preparing people and we are part of their preparation, whether in the beginning stages or towards the end, no effort goes unnoticed. 

Last night we had a mission devotional and missionaries from the whole mission came and even some investigators and recent converts in the area. It was awesome because some of the recent converts came and bore their testimony of how the missionaries changed their lives. I needed to hear that SO badly. People are out there waiting to hear our message, we just have to find them.

So my challenge to you all is to be member missionaries. We can't do anything unless we have the members on our side. Find people and talk to them about how this gospel has blessed your life! Invite them to church activities, especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas devotionals coming up. My challenge is that you invite at least one person to do something this week, whether is be come to church or some other activity, or even to talk to the missionaries. They can't say "yes" unless they're invited ;) Pray for inspiration on who to talk to. I have faith in you all!

So my companion's name is Sister Dodson. She's from Georgia, she's 23 and has her teaching degree from BYU to teach Chemistry. How cool is that?! We get along great and I love her to pieces. Funny story, my MTC companion lives in the same appartment as me;) her and her companion are the other missionaries taking the ward we split off of.

Have a great week everyone and don't forget to share the gospel ;)

Love you all <3

Sister Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment