Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 4

What is this? I've been out for 4 weeks already! I love the mission and I love this work <3

We had a Zone Conference on Tuesday, it was great because there was a giant wind and rain storm, but we were inside all day long. #Blessings. The theme for the conference was "how to make prayers mighty instead of lame" I think that I really needed this right now especially, we go out everyday and we pray all of the time..But one thing that is important to remember is that we are literally talking to God each time we pray, how cool is that? My goal after conference is to make my prayers more personal, especially to ask specific questions. *specific questions get specific answers*

One thing that I thought of while we were at conference was a way that we could contact more people. I had the idea that if we go to follow up on someone and they don't answer the door or we can't get in with them then we go and knock on another door nearby. Wow. The miracle that has come of that has been so great. We were able to talk to a lot more people and more people listened. We found 22 potential people that we could go back and talk to. Which is an improvement from the 5 we found the week before. 

I have such a strong testimony that God answers prayers and that He loves us and wants the best for us. A mission is hard, but it's the most rewarding thing you could ever do. We are literally bringing people salvation.

So some funny stories from this week...We were knocking on doors and as we were on the porch of one house the car pulled up into the drive way and in the garage. We walked down to go and talk to them...and they closed the garage door on us. We turned away and started laughing. People are so funny!!! One of our approaches when we knock on doors is by asking them what they're thankful for (because it's thanksgiving and all) so we asked this one guy and he said, "I'm thankful that I have the right not to talk to random people who show up on my doorstep." He then proceeded to close the door. I was so sad and I kinda wanted to cry, but it was still the funniest contact that we've had. I don't understand people sometimes..

Anyways, I know the church is true. I love it and I wouldn't want to be any other place. Happy almost Thanksgiving to everyone. Show your thanks to God by sharing the gospel with someone this week ;)

Love you all and miss you lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment