Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 45

"Go to the temple, help me fill those seats"

Transfer calls were Sunday night....
Sis Roberts and I are staying together for another 6 weeks in Lake Holm!! I've already been here for 6 and a half months. I'm so happy that I get to stay. Also, my birthday and General Conference are this transfer, so that's exciting :)

A sister in our ward bore her testimony about going to the temple. It is such a blessing that God has given us the opportunity to go there and be connected with our families. She boldly invited every one to "go to the temple and help [her] fill those seats."

We got blessings last night from our zone leaders. Beforehand I had prayed that Heavenly Father would let me know what I can do this transfer to continue to become a better missionary. The very first thing that Elder Chance said in my blessing was that I needed to remember my purpose as a missionary and that the message of the Gospel is the most precious thing that I can share with people. That was so powerful to me. My purpose during these 18 is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the Restored Gospel through Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repentance, Baptism, Receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End." -PMG. Remembering that this is my purpose shapes the things that we do. I only have 18 months to give God all of my heart, might, mind, and strength.

I have seen so many miracles and blessings in the last 10 months. With 8 months left to serve, I'm excited to assist God in this work.

I love you all!

Inline image 2

Inline image 3
found a giant match lighter. (haha Sis Skousen!!)
Inline image 1
made swords and shields with Claire and Jaycee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment