Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 47

"I know about the pioneers"

This week was so full of the spirit. I have such a strong testimony that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I've been trying to understand the Atonement more in my life and it's correlation with missionary work. We had a zone training that just so happened to be focused on understanding the Atonement in order to plan more effectively. Preach My Gospel says something along the lines of, "As our understanding of the Atonement grows then our desire to share the gospel will increase." (pmg pg. 2) Christ's Atonement is everything that He did in order to prepare the way for us to return to live with our Father in Heaven again, beginning with His suffering in Gethsemane and concluding on Sunday morning when He was resurrected. Everything that Christ did in His life was for us. To help us to overcome the affects of sin and death. 1 Nephi 19:9 says that He suffered all things because of His, "loving kindness and long-suffering for the children of men." There's not one person that we pass on the street whom the Lord didn't love enough to pay the full price for. That is the message that we take to the world. The better we understand this, the more urgency we will have and the more people we will invite to come unto Him.
The week ended with an amazing mission devotional. The stake president talked about pruning trees in order to help them bear fruit. He said, "What do you need to prune from your life in order to let in that Heavenly light?" I think that is a good question for us all to ponder. What are some things in our lives that are distracting us from being able to receive all of the blessings that God has in store for us?

I know that the message that we share is true and that it truly brings that Heavenly Light into our lives. It is centered on the Atonement of Jesus Christ, who loved me, and you, and everyone else enough to pay the price for us to live with our Father again. Don't take that for granted.

I love you all!! I'm praying for you!

Sister Hammond ♥

Congratulations to Aspyn for her mission call to Bismark ND! say hi to my dad for me ;)

Good luck in the MTC Abby Miles! Finland is going to be so blessed by you!


No comments:

Post a Comment