Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 48

"FOURTH FLOOR, LAST DOOR"

So, I forgot to tell you about the title from the last email. We met this guy who was walking past us, we handed him a card and he looked at it then said, "Oh yeah, this is cool. I know about the pioneers. Bye!" Sister Roberts and I were like, "Alright!" then watched him dash away after his friend...

The General Women's session of Conference was Saturday. President Uchtorf changed my mission. He is incredible. I love his story about his sweet wife, Harriet. He literally spoke to the missionaries because he said something about keep knocking and keep trying! The phrase that was coined from this conference is "fourth floor, last door". He told a story about how he met Harriet. Well, she wasn't a member and lived on the 4th floor of this apartment building. Missionaries went tracting there and knocked on every door starting from the bottom up. NO BODY was interested, but they kept going. The last door they knocked on was Harriet's and her mom's. FOURTH FLOOR LAST DOOR! okay. I'm ready to be a missionary for the next 7.8 months. 

I've also been praying to understand the Atonement and how to be bold in missionary work. Obviously God hears and answers our prayers because Sister Oscarson talked about being not ashamed of the name of Christ that we bear. I love how she said that one person of faith and action can have lasting effects and make a difference in God's work. Well, I'm one person. Even though I am weak I have faith that God can continue to increase my faith and all He asks is that I put one foot in front of the other and continue working. We can make a difference together. I think that's what the Atonement is all about. helping us to become something bigger and better than what we are as we turn to the Lord for help.

I hit 11 months this week. I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I look forward to the bigger and better heights that God and I will reach throughout the rest of my mission.

I love you all!!

Sister Hammond ♥

Inline image 1Inline image 3
Early bday present from Jenn and Shiloh ^.^ thanks!!
Inline image 4
Exercise is a part of the missionary schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment