Monday, October 3, 2016

Week 49

Conference + I'm 20?

What a week. General Conference was completely amazing. I'm sure all of the missionaries around the world greatly appreciated the Saturday session. Also, Sister Miles did an amazing job singing in the MTC missionary choir :) I'm pretty sure that we could hear her.

Some of my favorites from conference were

-Both of President Uchtdorf's talks
-President Nelson's talk on Joy. (seriously though, we are so blessed to be a part of this gospel in which every aspect of it can bring us so much Joy. It makes me think of my mission scripture in Alma 29:9 "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my JOY." There is so much Joy that comes from losing yourself in the service of God. Even if it is super duper incredibly hard. Our mission president said, "As you look back on your missionary service and ask yourselves when you were the happiest, I believe that you will discover that it is when you were diligently working to find investigators and to teach them the gospel, and when they are preparing to follow the covenant pathway. Wickedness never was happiness, nor was disobedience. When President Nelson speaks of joy, I believe that we can find it as we lose ourselves in the work, and put forth our best efforts to share the gospel in the most effective way."')
-Elder Bednar's talk on understanding the Savior and learning about Him.

I can't wait to listen to, read, and study these talks because there is so much treasure to be learned and greater light to be found. I love this gospel and I love the opportunity that I've had to serve as a missionary. There truly is no greater joy than being involved in the Lord's work.

Sister Hammond ♥


Inline image 1Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment