Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 52

"to resist the temptation to be physically violent with my siblings"

Last night we were in a member lesson and we asked the family how they have seen the Lord's help in their lives. Well, their daughter answered "He helps me to resist the temptation to be physically violent with my siblings." I think she wins the best answer award. That was priceless, plus the look on her parent's faces!

My new companion is Sister Arnold. She's been out for 3 months and I'm only her second companion. She's my 8th...haha! We've had such a great week together though! We've worked really hard with throwing our whole selves into the work. God has been blessing us. We were out one night this week and we still had an hour of knocking on doors, but then it started raining and it was dark and we just were really not excited for it. So, we prayed for God's help and went to work. About the 3rd or 4th door a lady answers and we start talking with her. As she's answering our question she pauses and asks, "would you like to come in?" That is the question that every missionary longs to hear! Sister Arnold and I were so excited. Her name is Michelle Baxter and we taught her and her husband and her daughter. We will be seeing them again tonight! 

Another miracle and tender mercy and AMAZING experience from this week, Elder Rasband of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles, Elder L Whitney Clayton of the Presidency of the Seventy, and Bishop W Christopher Waddell of the Presiding Bishopric (all leaders of our church) visited our mission this weekend. We had a special devotional for the missionaries and had the sacred opportunity of shaking their hands and hearing them speak. I know that they are called of God and special witnesses of Jesus Christ.The spirit taught me an abundance of truth as we were able to hear from so many key holders! First, that the Lord trusts me. That is incredible in and of itself. To know that Heavenly Father trust me, an insignificant and imperfect person with flaws and weaknesses. Second, we are called specifically to our areas where we serve through revelation. God needs us here. He needs Sister Arnold and I in Lake Holm! Third, diligently studying the scriptures and the life and teachings of Jesus Christ will change our very natures so we can align our will with God's. Fourth, the Book of Mormon is the evidence that what we teach is true. 

I finished the Book of Mormon this past week as well. I had the opportunity to pray again, to ask God if it truly is scripture. I know it is. I add my witness to that of the prophet Joseph Smith and Moroni and President Monson, and all who know for themselves. This book is true. There is no if's, and's, or but's about it. It can't be half true, or partly true. Either it's real or it is not. And I know that it is. It has changed my life and as I apply it's teachings it's shaping me into the person that God wants me to be. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I love you all.

Sister Hammond ♥

Inline image 2
our excitement the night before we met Elder Rasband!
Inline image 1
(I'm the one with the orangeish shirt on the front row, sister arnold is in white right next to me, Elder Rasband is the one with the blue tie in the middle.)

   

We found some lamas. like 6 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment