Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 74

Antiques ♥

"Surely, in the work of the Lord, it is what we do after we think we have done enough that really counts with him, for that's when the blessings flow."

With 7 weeks left of my mission I've been contemplating a lot on what I've learned, how I've changed, and what I can do to bring about lasting change after I'm home. I love this quote because it's important to not give up when we think we've done enough or given our all. It really is in the extra mile that we run that the Lord can truly bless us. President Eyring has a quote called The Fellowship of the Unashamed. In it he says something along the lines of "I will give till I drop, work till He stops me, and when He comes for His own He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear." 

This week we were able to find a couple of new people to begin teaching. They are always miracle finds because our God is a God of miracles. His miracles never cease, as long as we continue to exercise our faith. We've adopted the habit of knocking on the doors in the areas where we are at, and this is how God is able to lead us to the prepared. First, Christina is a woman that we met on Saturday after the less active women we went to go see wasn't home. Christina lives two doors down from her. She initially said she wasn't religious, but we were able to talk about her family and tie it into the gospel and the role that God plays as our loving Heavenly Father. We share Joseph Smith's experience with her and introduced the Book of Mormon. When we asked her if we could come back she immediately said yes. Second, Polly Patterson. She moved in about a month ago and her neighbor actually sent us over to her house as a referral. She said that she has been looking for a church and that she has Mormon family members. She's super open to us coming by again and is interested in reading the Book of Mormon. 

I have a strong testimony of the reality of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the Prince of Peace. This Easter we are able to celebrate the fact that He not only died for us, but he also lives for us. On Friday the church's Easter initiative will be released. It's going to be featured on Mormon.org

Love you all!

Sister Hammond ♥

ps - happy Conference week!!

a less active in the ysa who's been coming to our ward. He's so sweet!
antique shopping with the other sisters today!

No comments:

Post a Comment