Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 20

Literally the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. Where is all of the time going?

This week was full of miracles. We taught Sister Gillespie's niece, she's a wiccan (witch). She was staying with Sister G for a few days so we tried to teach her as much as we could before she left. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a belief in Christianity...So it was really cool to be able to help her gain a testimony of Jesus Christ. On Tuesday we had one of the most powerful lessons that I've ever been in. We taught the Plan of Salvation lesson and focused on the need for a Savior. The spirit was so strong. Jessica made a huge jump when she told us that the next day she tried to pray. She said that she didn't feel anything (but by the experiences she said that she had, she really did feel something, she just won't open up her heart to it.) She left on Thursday so we weren't able to continue teaching her. But to be able to testify so much about our Savior, Jesus Christ, was an incredible testimony builder for me. 

Heavenly Father has sent me so many tender mercies testifying to me of the love that He has. Last night we had a lesson with one of the families in our ward. They had just finished the Book of Mormon as a family and they were sharing their testimony about they way that they've seen their family grow as they've read. Wow. The love and the spirit that was in their home was amazing. It's an example to me of what I can do with my future family. 

I'm so grateful that I can honestly say that I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort that sweet sentence gives. HE LIVES! If you get the chance, read the lyrics of hymn 136 and think of all the things that He has done for you in your life. I've gotten just a glimpse of the way that He's supported me and all the ways that I can find strength in Him.

I love you all, the church is true! Follow Him and find new life! ♥ followhim.mormon.org#hallelujah. Check it out. ;)

Sister Hammond ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment