Monday, August 15, 2016

Week 42

"If you wanna be my friend I'll trip you first so you land in the font"

Sister Hanson is our sassy Relief Society president as well as mission office secretary and sometimes she gives us a ride to church. Yesterday we asked her if she knew anyone that she could invite to our mission devotional and her response was that she didn't have any non member friends because, "If you wanna be [her] friend [she'll] trip you first so you land in the water". She's our favorite :)

This week was full of so many miracles! Sister Roberts and I are hitting the pavement and striving to be exactly obedient. We were blessed to have lessons and also to get referrals from our amazing members. This ward is literally on fire. 

We went on exchanges as well and Sister Erickson came to Lake Holm. We started off our exchange at a member's house, her backyard is the secret garden. She said that anyone could come over and pick flowers on Wednesday and then another member would arrange them, because she arranges flowers for weddings. So we walked through this HUGE garden and made two really pretty bouquets.

We also had zone conference on Faith in Jesus Christ. I can't think of a time when I've felt the spirit so strongly as I did then. I know that Jesus Christ truly is the Savior of the world. It is only through Him that we can be cleansed of sin and return to the presence of Heavenly Father. This Gospel brings so much light into our lives. I've seen a difference in the people we meet who strive daily to keep God's commandments and those who seem to think that He's not a priority. Being a missionary has been such a blessing as I get to add my witness that He lives, that He loves us, and that this is the only church that has the fullness of His gospel.

I love you all!! See you in 9 months <3

Sister Hammond 

Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment