Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 40

9 months...It's like a bitter sweet moment. I've loved loved loved my mission. There are so many experiences that I've had that are shaping the person I'm becoming. Being able to witness the Gospel of Jesus Christ work miracles in people's lives is a testimony builder to me of the power of the Atonement. Today I was reading about Alma the younger's story. In Alma 36:17-21 he describes the relief that comes as we learn to turn to and rely on our Savior. He says, "And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!" Living the Gospel, keeping the commandments, and studying and prayer will help us to gain experiences that will help us to see that greater Light that fills our lives with Joy. I am so blessed to be able to be serving the Lord and to still have 9 precious months to do so.

Sister Roberts is my new companion! She's a rockstar! Training is the funnest thing, and I'm learning so much more now that I get to go over the very fundamentals of missionary work so thoroughly. Thursday we had a Missionary Training for all of the new missionaries. We got to see President and Sister Rasmussen. They are doing so good! They've officially been here for a month, which is weird. President said that he takes great consideration on who he calls to be trainers, so this is a really great opportunity that the Lord has given me to be able to train.
Yesterday we biked to church again with Sis. Brundage's son James. He's 10. We had a lesson with his mom on Sat and he said that he wanted to come to church with us. So he did. That was cool :)

Sister Hammond Black heart (cards)

PICS - Saying goodbye to Hermana Zavala!
-Sis Roberts + Sis Hammond = taking over Lake Holm
-slumber party in the living room and waiting on a new bed for Sis Roberts
Inline image 3
Inline image 1
Inline image 2Inline image 4

No comments:

Post a Comment