Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 55

"Careful, he's a handsome fellow. Don't get distracted."

This week Sister Arnold and I have been praying for the Lord's help in finding people who will progress. We have seen so many miracles this week as we've been praying and studying more specifically to see what we can do. Most of our success this week has come as we've taken the time to be diligent with knocking on doors and finding for at least an hour everyday. Even when it's dark and raining! Haha! In fact, last night we met this really incredible man named Bud and his wife, Angela. They have an amazing testimony of the love that God has for each of His children. They said that even when they chose not to be obedient or to listen that God was still there when they decided to come back to Him. One of my favorite scriptures is Alma 26:37 because it says, "we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in. Yea, his bowels of mercy are over all the earth." I know that this is true. Heavenly Father loves us each perfectly. That means that He provides the way for us to learn and to grow and to be better. He doesn't condemn us because of our weaknesses but He sees what our potential is and He provides the way for us to be better through His Son, our Savior Jesus Christ.

Another guy we met last night was pretty funny. He was probably in his early 20's. Not too interested because he's agnostic. (those people are annoying because they believe in something but they aren't sure what it is...ugghhh. Obviously it's God.) Anyways, we asked if he knew anyone we should go talk to and he said, "probably my friend Nick. Careful, he's a handsome fellow. Don't get distracted." #lifeofamissionary

Oh man, so we met this lady named Lupa. Since I've been in this area for so long I've basically met everyone (kay probably not but it seems like it ;) so I've met Lupa before and she wasn't interested. Soooo....because I had this previous knowledge I basically word vomited the Restoration and the first vision, shared 2 Ne. 31:10 and invited her to be baptized ALL IN ONE BREATH. It twas terrible. haha!! Sister Arnold and I were laughing super hard after we left her house. It was great :)

Happy almost Thanksgiving! I love you all!

Sister Hammond ♥

Inline image 3
one of our members has an iguana. brought me back to my childhood ♥♥♥
Inline image 1
Sister Shoemaker is a jollyologist. This means that she dresses up like a doctor clown and sings to people in the hospital. She's the coolest person ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment