Monday, November 7, 2016

Week 54

"I was probably the greatest average missionary"

We went to the house of one of the stake presidency counselors for Halloween. We carved pumpkins and hung out with the other sisters in our zone. Hermana Huhem was asking him (President Wilkenson) about his mission and his response was, "I was probably the greatest average missionary." haha, he's so great ;)

Something that I'm coming to learn and understand more about is how involved God is in each of our lives. I'm studying about faith this month and the scriptures are full of examples of how people choose to show their faith. I love in the book of Mosiah when the people hear King Benjamin's words and express how their very hearts have been changed! Faith leads us to want to change our hearts as we choose to follow Christ. Alma says that "the purpose of this life is to prepare to meet God." (alma 34:32) Well, we can do that when we choose daily to put Christ first. Every act that we do on our part to put off the natural man and become more like Him will prepare us to see Him again. I love the promise in Moroni 7:48 that says, "when He appears we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is." That is only possible as we make a daily effort.

I have gained such a love of the gospel while I've been here. I know that God hears our prayers! We had a cool experience this week with our investigator, Andrew. We took him to the Seattle temple and the family history Discovery Center right next to it. The spirit was so strong and he bore his testimony in church yesterday about how God has helped him and answered his prayers about the prophet Joseph Smith and President Monson. It was a tender experience to hear this 15 year old boy share about the love that he has come to realize God has for him. 

I'm so grateful to be on a mission and to have the opportunity to teach of these precious truths that bring us so much happiness. I love you all! Have a great week!

Sister Hammond <3


​We are family history detectives
Inline image 1
Andrew's on the other side of me. We dressed up as people from different time periods, they took all of the cool costumes so I tied the thing in my hair and decided I was from the 1920's.
Andrew got a new suit and a new set of scriptures. He was pretty excited when he walked into church :)

No comments:

Post a Comment