Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 56

"What do missionaries do for food on holidays?"

With Thanksgiving coming up we've been asking people what they are thankful for. It's so fun to see how many people talk about their families. I always agree with them, so grateful for my family ♥

This week has been full of miracles. It started off a little rocky, but Elder Robert C. Gay of the Seventy came to our mission and called us all to repentance ;) We learned so much about what it means to follow the spirit and really trying to understand God's will. Sister Arnold and I have been working hard to follow the promptings from the spirit. We've also found some people that we're really excited to work with.

We taught a missionary prep fireside and had a Q&A afterwards. It was so much fun! One of the boys asked, "what do missionaries do for food on holidays?" everyone laughed. Answer? we have a 2 hour dinner with a family and then we get to go proselyte with a full stomache! It's a hard life ;) 

Sister Mitchell and Kevin got married! what a great experience. The ward came together and threw a little party for them. It was a lot of fun


AND ANDREW WAS BAPTIZED!! Isn't he a handsome little fellow?


I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life and the chance that I have to be a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for His sacrifice and all that He gave so I can become the person He wants me to be. I'm thankful for Washington and all of the people here. they are so amazing and every one of them has changed my life. I especially love the Lake Holm ward ♥ blessed have been here for 8 months. I am so thankful for my friends and family and for the examples that they are to me. Most importantly, I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches over us. 

Have a great week! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sister Hammond ♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment