Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 63

(From Sister Erickson's perspective)

Sorry for not emailing last week! I was busy with college applications. This is Sister Erickson's email from last week.

"This week has been a wild one. But a wonderful one at that.

On Sunday morning, the car slid in the parking lot and I ended up parked on a hill/curb, inches away from a tree...angels definitely took the wheel and i'm so grateful we, and the car, were okay. It was pretty traumatic though, and definitely instigated some tear shed. Tried to collect myself, and we went into church, only to find out, who had come to visit that Sunday? President and Sister Rasmussen and my old companion, Sister Woolsey. Sweet. :) really, it was, it just led to more emotions...and thus more tears....I love being a girl and crying all the time haha. 

Other great things happened this week. My favorite family, the Thompsons LOVED my analogies when we taught the the plan of salvation this week. AND they remembered my analogy to pizza when we taught them about the apostasy a few weeks ago...a lot of my analogies have to do with food/pizza...because that's what i love haha :)

We had an incredible experience yesterday. We went by to follow up with one of our investigators who has been sick. She was still sick, but we ended up teaching her dad, who was a potential investigator, and is now a new investigator, Greg. Me and Sister Williams had a powerful lesson with Greg on exchanges a few weeks ago, but he didn't agree to meet with us again. Greg has had a really hard life and his time in the military left him with deep spiritual and emotional wounds. He has a hard time applying God's love to himself and says he has lost hope in mankind. We were able to testify boldly and with great love that God lives, and loves him. We read many scriptures together, Mosiah 3:7-8, Alma 7:11-12, Romans 8:35-39, and Romans 8:16-18. As I testified of God's love for Greg, despite the sins and wrong doings Greg feels like diminish God's love for him, I felt the spirit bear powerful witness of the reality of what I was saying. That Jesus really is the Christ. That He truly lived and died, and lives today! That we can be clean from sin as we follow Him. We invited him to be baptized, and it wasn't something that was wrote or forced, but came as an invitation to really come to Christ and feel His healing power. I got emotional many times during this lesson as it was one of the most powerful lessons I've had on my mission. Greg told us he knew that God sent us to him that night, and that God seems to always send us by when he really needs us. I was so humbled to be an instrument in God's hands in that way. I am so grateful to be a missionary and to testify of the divinity and the reality of our Lord, Jesus Christ.


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week. Read the Book of Mormon. Tell someone you love them, and then show them that you do.

LOVE,

Sister Erickson"


1. trying to take District meeting pics 
2. so icey outside so we had to go VERY slowly down the driveway
3. The sun finally made it's appearance!

Sister Hammond <3

No comments:

Post a Comment