Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 64

"It's simple, just do exactly as I say."

We had the opportunity to go to the mission devotional on Sunday night. Sister Edvelson is the choir director and she's amazing. We sang a new song called "Beautiful Savior" and I tried out the alto part this time, it was fun! The spirit was so strong as we sang and listened to testimonies of those who have recently found the gospel. As we were practicing Sister Edvelson sarcastically said, "It's simple, just do exactly as I say!."

I'm so blessed to be able to stay in South Hill with Sister Erickson for another 6 weeks. We are working so hard together and learning from each other all the time. I've seen so many evidences of the Lord's hand directing us and helping us to be able to find people who are being prepared to hear the Gospel.

We also had an incredible miracle on Sunday. One of our investigators, Shania Roberts, is 16 and she wants to be baptized by her brother before he leaves on his mission. Her mom has been against it for over a year. She barely let Jose, Shania's brother, be baptized a couple of years ago. We've been praying and fasting for her. On Sunday Jose came into church and said, "Sisters, I need to tell you something. Last night I bore my testimony to my mom about how the gospel has changed my life and how I know it will be good for my siblings. She agreed to let everyone be baptized when they turn 16. Sisters, Shania can get baptized!" 2 Nephi 27:23 says, "For behold, I am God; and I am a God of miracles; and I will show unto the world that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and I work not among the children of men save it be according to their faith."

I know that our loving Heavenly Father provides the way for all of His children to receive the hope and peace and direction that comes through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Sister Hammond <3

No comments:

Post a Comment