Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Week 23

General Conference + Angie's Baptism = Spirit X 10000000000000

Some of my favorite talks were:
-Pres. Eyring on following the Holy Ghost and acting on it
-Niel L. Anderson reminding us all that we're children of God. I am a daughter of God.
*Mervyn B. Arnold on member missionary work, WE ARE ALL CALLED
-David A. Bednar on baptism and the Holy Ghost (which so happened to be right before Angie's baptism. What a great way to bring the spirit!)
-M Russell Ballard on family counsels
-Dallin H Oaks "opposition permits us to grow into that which our Heavenly Father would have us become"
-Jeffery R. Holland on remembering the spirit today to get us through tomorrow.

I can testify that as we study the words of the prophets we will find our live's lit by the Lord's pillar of light "and you shall know that it is by me that ye are lead." (I Ne. 17:13) I would invite each of you to study, ponder, and pray about the wonderful messages that were taught to us this weekend. If you didn't have a chance to watch conference you can view it on lds.orgat https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2016/04?cid=HP_SU_3-4-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-B_&lang=eng

I'm so grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father who guides us through modern revelation. Because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever He truly does work through His servants the prophets. Amos 3:7 teaches us this precious truth. D&C 1:36-37 expands on it as the Lord tells us "whether by mine own voice or the voice of my servants it is the same." As we listen to the prophet's words through the spirit we are truly hearing the words of Christ. 

I love you all!! have a great week :)

#LDSconf #IWasAStranger

Sister Hammond ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment