Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 28

Another week full of miracles and blessings. Sister Skousen is my new companion and she is literally so great. Such a hard worker and she does her best to talk to everyone. Really cool to see :) 

Hope everyone had a great mother's day, it's my 2nd favorite holiday :) 1.because mother's are amazing and we wouldn't be able to do much without them 2.because mother's day means that missionaries get to skype their families :D It was so great to be able to call home and to talk to them. It's so crazy how quickly everyone changes though...Courtney graduates this year! I still can't believe that. And Alyssa will be a Junior and Justin's going to be in 8th grade. Where has the time gone?!

After skyping we had dinner with an incredible family. The spirit was soo strong because our conversation was all about the blessings of the temple. They are both ordinance workers and they talked about the experiences and blessings that they've seen as they've made the temple a priority in their lives. Since it was mother's day we shared Alma 56 where Helaman is recounting the story of his stripling warriors. "We do not doubt, our mother's knew it". Sister Stafford is a righteous mother who raised her children to love and appreciate the temple. That's the kind of mom that I want to be. To be able to share with my family my conviction of the living reality of the blessings of the gospel.

I don't know what I'd do without my mom, she's an incredible example to me of diligence and hardwork and unconditional love. Love you mom!






-- 
Sister Hammond Black heart (cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment