Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week 31

It's definitely been an interesting week. I've never been antied once while I've been out, but this week we had 3 different people try to anti us! The first lady we met was the worst, her name was Donna and she was very strong in her faith and belief of God, so we thought that we'd be able to connect that to our message of bringing greater light and understanding. But nope! She told us that she has a Book of Mormon and the Doctrine and Covenants and studies it along with 'other books' so she can know how to help 'ex-mormons'. When we heard that we were so sad! I can't believe that there are people out there who dedicate their lives to proving someone else wrong. That doesn't seem very Christ-like to me. Oh! and while we were there she said that she wouldn't consider us Christians, but we could come to her house on Sunday and she could help us find the truth. HA, no thanks.

The other man that we met was a preacher for a Four-Square church. A very popular Christian church here that teaches a lot of Anti-Mormon. He called us Anti-Christ's because we were teaching false doctrine. He actually went a got a pamphlet and started talking to us about that, we got out of there pretty quickly. 

Thinking about these experiences makes me so sad, but it's a testimony to me that this church is so true. If not, why would Satan be throwing so much garbage around in order to prove it to be wrong? We also went on exchanges this week, we had told our Sister Training Leaders what happened and while I was in Federal Way with Sister Young we had a great experience. We had lunch and were talking about what had happened and the testimonies we had. We started to sing "Joseph Smith's First Prayer". I can't even begin to describe the spirit that was there, the spirit testifies of truth and I was overwhelmed with how true this is. There is no doubting that.

The thing that I've thought about most throughout this week is my testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is literally the keystone of our religion. Whether or not Joseph Smith was called as a prophet. Whether or not this is Christ's restored church. Whether or not we have a prophet on earth who receives divine guidance from Heavenly Father to help us. It all rests on the validity of the Book of Mormon. And I know that the Book of Mormon is scripture. I've read it, pondered it's teachings, and prayed about it. John 14:26-27 says that the Holy Spirit is sent in His name. It testifies of truth! I know this is true! Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson said in her conference talk that if all these things are true then we have "the greatest message of hope and help that the world has ever know" -April 2016 conference.

Sorry this email is so long, I encourage each of you to remember Pres. Uchtdorf's teaching "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." Gain an additional witness that you can fall back on when ever temptation or doubts come your way. Helaman 5:12 - Build your foundation on Christ. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.







​(excuse my hair in the last two...it was pretty messy..)

Sister Hammond Black heart (cards)

No comments:

Post a Comment